What’s the theme of the screenplay? Hmmm, let’s put that on hold for the moment and spell out my concerns, my worries, my fears.
Hell, let’s number them.
1. Doesn’t do Bill Hicks justice. (After all the man wanted nothing but justice.)
2. Embarrass myself. (Although I’d embarrass myself more by not doing it.)
3. One more screenplay I don’t bring to the world. (But rather hide away on my hard drive.)
4. Shit, I’m running out of worries.
5. Really? That’s it? That’s all I got?
6. Waste time writing it and nobody reading. (Guaranteed if I don’t publish it. With the obvious solution of sharing it with the world and not keeping it to myself.)
7. Bitch about my poor website. (Which can be fixed in, hmmm, how many hours? 100? 200? Not a whole lot of work.)
8. Lose sight that it’s a comedy.
9. Forget to not only advance the story with every scene but turn it dramatically - from positive to negative or negative to positive. (No change, no scene.